Multidisciplinary Chemist | Project Management | Supervisor | Technical Support
84 Sleeman Avenue, Guelph, ON N1H 6G4 ■ Tel: +1-519-760-1994 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org
Being part of an interdisciplinary team is of great value to me as I am a firm believer in collaboration. I am an industry-driven and highly multidisciplinary chemist that enjoys innovating processes and creating new technology by being hands-on. Having the ability to own my work gives me a sense of pride and ability to produce high-quality data that impacts business directives. I am fully capable of working efficiently under pressure and meeting deadlines with a high attention to detail, organization and excellent communication skills.
Method Development | Safety | Operational Management | Multidisciplinary Collaboration
GLP & GMP | Data Analysis | Reporting | Materials Science
Instrumentation: HPLC, Raman, IR, UV-Vis, DSC, NMR, MS, Microscopy, Chromatography
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Physical Organic Chemistry,
Durham Univ., UK & SONY, Germany – 2010
Thesis: Towards Engineering and Understanding of Guest-Host Interactions – http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/169/
Master of Chemistry (M.Chem.) with Honours, (Combined Bachelor and Master degree), Durham Univ., UK – 2005
Supramolecular Polymer Chemistry
RESEARCH SCIENTIST AND TEAM LEAD
Mirexus Biotechnologies, Guelph, ON March 2016 – May 2017
· Managed the chemistry and biochemistry R&D to increase the number of product in the pipeline
· Build new relationships and manage research clients; both in industry and academia
· Formulate applications, characterize these for validation and technical support
· Evaluate procedures, develop new methods and laboratory safety (GLP)
· Added $200,000 to the sales pipeline
· Support manufacturing in validation and cGMP
ONTARIO CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE TALENT EDGE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW
Mirexus Biotechnologies, Guelph, ON April 2015 – March 2016
· Conduct independent and team research for the application of new nanotech to global industries; pharmaceutical and healthcare
· Developed and introduced new techniques to extend the lab’s capabilities; spray drying, UV-Vis analysis, DLS and chromatography methods
· Supervision of day-to-day operations of R&D, project coordination
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – Analytical Chemistry
UoG, Guelph ON Sept 2013 – April 2015
· Conduct research and manage various projects for renewable resource industry.
· Managed analytical spectroscopy for industrial research contracts
· Developed two new methods and optical cells to reach 400oC and 25 MPa
· Write technical documentation, SOPs, training manuals.
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW – Analytical Chemistry
UoG, Guelph ON May 2010 – Sept 2013
· Laser microscopy facilities manager
· Team leader of analytical spectroscopic chemistry
· Investigate and characterize organic and inorganic contaminants in aqueous industrial systems
· Developed methods for predicting speciation and constructed two new analytical tools to reach 300oC and 15 Mpa
MADD, Wellington County, ON Oct 2012 —Present
· Serve as a board member of the charity and volunteer-based organization.
· Lead, organize and coordinate charity events.
· Communication officer for the law enforcement, community, and radio talk shows.
PH.D. CO-OP RESEARCH SCIENTIST
SONY Laboratories, Germany, Feb 2006
· Research the mechanism of electro-optic applications.
· Building an analytical method to understand internal workings of LCD technology
Emergency First Aid, CPR Level, AED Training, University of Guelph — 2017
Critical Communication Skills for Emerging Leaders, Schulich Business School, Toronto – 2016
B2B Sales, MaRS — 2016
GMP – Long Distance Learning – 2016
Worker Safety Awareness, OSG — 2015
WHIMIS Training, OSG — 2015
TGD Class 7 Training Certificate, University of Guelph — 2014
Foundations of Project Management – Mitac Workshop, University of Guelph — 2014
Managing Me For Staff – Time Management Workshop, University of Guelph — 2014
Nuclear 101, MNR(McMaster) — 2013