Website Canadian Executive Search Group
CES is a full cycle recruitment agency
Canadian Executive Search in partnership with a world class processing and distributor of quality meat products, who uses high tech processing equipment including Air Chill technology in its processing plants, serving a wide range of customers, both domestically and internationally is growing and hiring Food Processing HACCP/SQF Practitioner for a direct hire through our recruitment firm.
Reporting to both the Quality and Operation Managers, the HACCP/SQF Practitioner will implement food safety programs for the facility and ensures adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, company policies and practices. Has the authority to suspend operations when serious food safety risks are identified. Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and validation of the plant’s HACCP and SQF programs.
Directly supervising the QA Compliance Technicians while maintaining a smooth-running line, in a fast-paced, refrigerated atmosphere between 4-10 degrees.
· Assists the HACCP/SQF Practitioner and QA Manager with site audits and takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity of HACCP and SQF Systems.
· Ensures that regulatory compliance with CFIA, SQF and Customer requirements are meet and maintained.
· Monitors and verifies food safety programs and practices within the facility
· Primary liaison with CFIA inspectors, third party auditors and customers
· GMP and Technical training of personnel on HACCP/SQF functions and programs
· Provides food safety support to Production, R&D, Purchasing, Shipping, Maintenance and Sanitation
· Investigates HACCP, and SQF noncompliance and deviations through root cause analysis, and the application of corrective and preventative
· Provide technical documentation for testing of products and raw materials
· HACCP & Food Safety Certificate and/or Food Processing Technician Diploma or Food Science Certificate – College Diploma OR University Degree in related disciplines is required
· 2+ years manufacturing/food processing experience is required
· Experience and working knowledge of FSEP, HACCP and SQF systems and applicable regulatory agencies
· Through understanding of statistical process controls
· Must have previous leadership, people management experience
· Proficient with MS Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required as well as with label system software
· Comprehensive written and verbal English communication, following policies and procedures