http://www.canadiancareerjobfairs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo_3-1.png 0 0 Admin http://www.canadiancareerjobfairs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo_3-1.png Admin2017-01-29 13:33:342017-03-01 04:00:31Tips for Writing your Resume
- Resume Size: Having 1-2 pages is more than enough. Your resume should reflect the level of experience and education that you have; if this fits on one page, use one page but don’t try to squeeze everything onto one page.
- Cover Letter: Attaching a cover letter is very important. Make it relevant to the position and company you are applying to. Ideally, find out the name of the person hiring and make the letter personal. Try to avoid using generic greetings such as ‘Sir/Madam’.
- Personal Information: You don’t have to include your date of birth, marital status or religion in a resume and there is legislation in place that prohibits employers from asking you these questions.
- References: If you are including references on your resume, it is only polite to ask their permission first.
- Important Documents: Once you have written your resume, you should pull together all school records, diplomas and degrees as employers may want to see them. In addition, any trade or professional qualification documentation should also be collected for presentation. If you have any written references you should also include these, but there is no need to send these documents with your resume. You should have them ready to present to an employer if needs be.